Areas of Practice
- General Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
Address: 444 S. Flower St., Suite 1800
Los Angeles, California 90071
Tel: (213) 489-0028
Fax: (213) 489-0552
Audrey C. Fong received her undergraduate degree in Communication Studies with Honors from the University of California at Los Angeles, in Los Angeles, California in 1995. She graduated Magna Cum Laude, was placed on the National Dean’s List of Scholastic Excellence, and earned membership into Pi Gamma Mu (International Social Science Honor Society), Phi Eta Sigma and Alpha Lambda Delta (Freshmen Honor Societies), and Golden Key National Honor Society. While in college, Ms. Fong worked as a law clerk for an attorney practicing in the area of family law.
Ms. Fong received her Juris Doctor from Loyola of Los Angeles Law School in 1998. At Loyola, Ms. Fong received the First Honors Award in Hate Speech Seminar and was placed on the National Dean’s List of Scholastic Excellence. She also published an article in the Los Angeles International & Comparative Law Journal entitled, “Employer Liability for Racist Hate Speech by Third Parties: Comparison of Approaches in Great Britain and the United States.” Ms. Fong also participated in independent research projects with various professors, writing articles such as “Asylum Cases and Female Culture in Immigration Law” and “Asian Americans and California Land Use.”
During her law school career, Ms. Fong served as a judicial extern with the Los Angeles Superior Court, Central District of California. She also served as a law clerk with the Western Law Center for Disability Rights and the Los Angeles County Bar Immigration Project.
Ms. Fong was admitted to the State Bar of California in 1999. She has also been admitted to practice in the United States District Court, Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Before becoming an attorney at Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt, Ms. Fong worked as an associate at Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker, a major international insurance defense firm. She represented various insurance defense clients in the areas of personal injury, business litigation, and insurance coverage.
Since joining Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt in 2001, Ms. Fong has successfully litigated cases in the areas of personal injury, business litigation and professional malpractice.
Examples of matters that Ms. Fong has handled in recent years include:
- Ms. Fong, along with Robert H. McNeill, Jr., won a six million dollar plaintiff verdict for a Kaiser victim. Plaintiff claimed defendants negligently injured plaintiff’s aorta during a botched surgery which caused numerous post-operative complications. Defendants claimed that they were not negligent and that the aortic injury was a known complication of the procedure. After a day of deliberation, the arbitration panel returned a six million dollar verdict for plaintiff.
- Ms. Fong, along with Robert H. McNeill, Jr., won a plaintiff verdict for a Kaiser victim. Plaintiffs, heirs of a deceased Kaiser victim, claimed defendants negligently failed to diagnose and treat decedent’s heart condition and that such negligence was a substantial factor in causing the decedent’s demise. Defendants claimed that they were not negligent and that they were not the proximate cause of the decedent’s death. The arbitration panel awarded plaintiffs $250,000 for pain and suffering, the maximum amount of money that could be recovered under MICRA.
- All California Courts
- United States District Court
- Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member, Southern Chinese Lawyers Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association