I am an enigma wrapped in bacon... mmmm bacon!
Currently Listening to
Baby Shark and Wheels on the Bus with my son
48 Laws of Power – Robert Greene
Happy are those that dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make those dreams come true
Los Angeles, CA
• Labor & Employment
• Civil Rights
• Class Action
• State Bar of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
• Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of the United States District Courts
Rodney S. Diggs is a practiced litigator with substantial experience trying cases to verdict in both federal and state courts. Rodney is Chair of the Labor & Employment practice group, which focuses on harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour issues. He also handles civil rights litigation.
Rodney’s significant achievements include obtaining a $9.1 million verdict in a wrongful death case against the City of Long Beach. This was the largest verdict in history against the City of Long Beach and the second largest verdict in a wrongful death case in the Central District of California. Rodney has obtained over $40 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. Rodney was also lead counsel in Reginald Mitchell v. California Department of Public Health, which resulted in a published California Court of Appeal decision.
Rodney became a Director at Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt in 2016. In 2019, Rodney became a named partner when the firm changed its name to Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs. Prior to joining the firm in 2011, Rodney clerked for the Honorable Patti Jo McKay, Presiding Judge for the Appellate Division for the Los Angeles Superior Court.
At Howard University School of Law, Rodney was Vice President of the Student Bar Association, Chief Justice of Sigma Delta Tau Legal Fraternity and Senior Staff Editor of the Human Rights and Globalization Law Review.
During his undergraduate career at UCLA, Rodney was a member of the track and field team. He achieved All-Pac 10 and All-American status in the 400 meter race and 4×400 meter relay.
In 2019, Rodney was named Top 100 Lawyers in California by the Daily Journal. Rodney has also been named Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2014-2019.
Rodney is admitted to practice before the State of California, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of the United States District Courts and the United States Court of Appeals (Ninth Circuit).
• Howard University School of Law, J.D.
• University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
• Langston Bar Association, Officer and Board of Directors
• Watts Labor Community Action Committee, Board of Directors
• American Board of Trial Advocates SideBar, Member
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
• National Bar Association, Member
• Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
Honors and awards
• Top 100 Lawyer in California – Daily Journal (2019)
• Top 40 under 40 – The National Trial Lawyers (2019)
• Most Powerful Employment Lawyer – Law Dragon (2018)
• Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014 – 2019)
• National Black Lawyers – Top 40 Under 40
• Los Angeles African American Vanguard Awards – 100 Most Influential African Americans (2017)
• National Bar Association – 40 Under 40 Nation’s Best Advocates (2017)
• California Legislature Assembly – 40 Under 40 Civic Emerging Leaders (2017)
• Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Tau Beta Omega Chapter Community Leader Award (2018)