W. KEITH WYATT
I am extremely loyal and helpful to people I like
Currently Listening to
The Rutter Group Practice Guides
“Deserve’s got nothing to do with it” (from Unforgiven)
• General Liability/Personal Injury
• Corporate & Commercial
• Labor & Employment
• Real Estate
• Criminal Defense
• State Bar of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
In his extensive litigation career, W. Keith Wyatt has handled more than 60 civil jury trials in the areas of personal injury, contract law, labor and employment, real estate and criminal defense.
Keith regularly defends public entity and corporate clients in tort and employment litigation matters, including claims for wrongful death, catastrophic injury, sexual abuse and harassment, third party assault, negligent hiring and supervision, premises liability, wrongful termination, discrimination and hostile work environment.
Keith joined the firm in 1981, when it was known as Ivie & McNeill, Inc., and became a Director of the firm in 1986. Prior to joining Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt, Keith was an attorney with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. He has served as a member of the Juvenile Court Panel for the Los Angeles Superior Court and participated as a judge for the UCLA School of Law Trial Advocacy Program.
While obtaining his J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, Keith was an intern with the Center for National Policy Review in Washington, D.C.
Keith has been a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates since 2005. In 2014, he was invited to demonstrate best practices for examination of medical experts at ABOTA’s “Masters in Trial: Trying the Traumatic Brain Injury.”
• University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 1977
• Brown University, B.A., 1974
• Los Angeles County Commission on Insurance, Commissioner, 1993-2005
• Los Angeles County Commission for Public Social Services, Commissioner
• State Bar Committee on Professional Liability Insurance
• UCLA Black Alumni Association, Board Member and former Chairman of the Board
• CAM Foundation, Board of Directors
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
• Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
• National Bar Association, Member
• John M. Langston Bar Association, Member
• Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
Honors and awards
• John M. Langston Bar Association Hall of Fame Inductee 2018