I am vengeance. I am the night. I. AM. Batman
Currently Listening to
Hamilton- An American Musical
“The Art of War” – Sun Tzu
“It is not the size of the mountain that matters. It’s your perception of it.”- Stanley Kizzie
Seoul, South Korea
• Civil Rights Litigation
• Entertainment/Intellectual Property
• General Liability/Personal Injury
• Corporate & Commercial
• State Bar of California
• United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
• United States District Court, Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of California
• United States Supreme Court
Senior Associate Antonio K. Kizzie focuses his practice on entertainment and intellectual property, personal injury, civil rights and business litigation matters. Antonio prides himself on providing the utmost client satisfaction, service and care with their legal issues. As a result, Mr. Kizzie possesses a superb “10.0” AVVO.com attorney rating with over fifteen five-star client reviews and attorney endorsements.
Antonio has served as lead counsel in several state and federal civil trials as well as in criminal cases as a former prosecutor. Antonio has had several notable successes in cases involving personal injury and civil rights wherein he directly obtained or was instrumental in obtaining over $5.5 million dollars in total compensation for his various clients over the years.
In 2015, Antonio argued before the California Supreme Court, was selected as a National Bar Association Top 40 Attorney Under 40, was awarded a “Service Appreciation” certificate from the City of Compton, and was awarded the John M. Langston Bar Association President’s Award for his community service, and award he previously received in 2013.
Before joining Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt, Antonio was a Deputy City Attorney in the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, Metropolitan Branch, where he successfully conducted DUI trials in Los Angeles Superior Court. He also spent several years as a legal assistant for the Occhipinti Law Group, where he drafted and revised contracts for the entertainment industry.
Antonio received his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law in 2011. Antonio was involved in a number of activities on campus, including the Jones Day Moot Court competition, the UCLA Black Law Students Association and the UCLA Entertainment Law Review. He volunteered with the El Centro Legal Prisoner Re-entry Legal Clinic and served as a graduate professional mentor with UCLA School of Law Outreach. He also worked as an intern with the Creative Artists Agency Music Division and as a law clerk for California Lawyers for the Arts, the Cochran Firm, Viacom-BET Networks Business and Legal Affairs.
Outside of the courtroom, Antonio spends time engaging in community service, speaking at various events and mentoring students interested in a career in law.
• University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2011
• Howard University, B.A., 2008
• Universidad de Granada, Centro del Lenguas Modernas, Granada, Spain, 2007
• Langston Bar Association, Member, Young Lawyer Committee Co-Chair
• Langston Bar Association, Annual Legal Clinic and “Know Your Rights” Panel, Moderator
• Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
• Mexican American Bar Association, Member
• Los Angeles City Club, Member
• Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
• UCLA Black Alumni Association, Member
• Howard University Alumni Association of Greater Los Angeles, Member
• Black Entertainment and Sports Lawyers Association, Member
• Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Member
• Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity, Member
Honors and awards
• National Bar Association Top 40 Attorney Under 40 (2015)
• “Service Appreciation” certificate from the City of Compton (2015)
• Langston Bar Association President’s Award for Community Service (2013, 2015)
• Richard D. Parsons Time Warner Cable Scholarship
• Howard University’s Academic Legacy Scholarship
• Rhodes Scholar Nominee
• John H. Johnson School of Communications Hall of Fame
• Langston Bar Association Scholarship at Howard University
• Illinois Judicial Counsel Scholarship