Continuing our tradition of excellence

Today, Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt is made up of five Directors, four Of Counsel, nine Associates and 22 support staff. Together, we carry on the legacy of ethical, competent service that our founders began 74 years ago. This reputation precedes us before we ever enter a courtroom. Five former Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt attorneys have gone on to become Los Angeles Superior Court judges, and our firm is well-known by the arbitrators, mediators and alternative dispute resolution organizations throughout Southern California.
Coming into our own

Our firm officially became Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt in September 1991 when Keith Wyatt was named a Director, strengthening the firm’s public entity and corporate defense practice. During this time, two former attorneys, Nancy Newman and Rupert Byrdsong, were appointed to the Los Angeles Superior Court. They continue to adjudicate cases today.
A time of change

In 1979, Robert Roberson was appointed to the Los Angeles Superior Court, and just a year later Charles Scarlett followed, leaving Scarlett & Roberson in a time of transition. It was at this point a new firm was born: Ivie and McNeill, Inc. Rickey Ivie and Robert McNeill led the firm into a new era, earning major courtroom victories and securing the firm’s place as one of Southern California’s best.
A new chapter

The Law Offices of Earl C. Broady underwent its first significant change in 1965. After joining the firm in 1953, Charles R. Scarlett became a named partner along with Robert L. Roberson, Jr., transforming the firm into Scarlett & Roberson. They served as partners for nearly two decades.
Where our story began

Our firm was established in 1943 as the Law Offices of Earl C. Broady. Founded by former Superior Court Judge Earl C. Broady, Sr., he laid the groundwork for the firm’s first decades of success.