Civil Rights Litigation
Every U.S. citizen is entitled to certain freedoms and rights, including fair treatment by law enforcement, freedom from discrimination in the workplace, and equal access to services, public education and housing. When those rights are infringed upon, it can have life-altering consequences. If your or a loved one’s rights have been violated, Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs can get you the justice you deserve.
For nearly 40 years, we have successfully handled civil rights litigation of all kinds, including abuses of law enforcement power, such as:
- Police brutality
- Unjustified police shootings
- Illegal searches
- False arrests
- Wrongful death
- Malicious prosecution.
Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs can help expose abuses of power and ensure that perpetrators are held accountable.
We are also highly experienced in civil rights litigation related to labor and employment issues. If you’ve been wrongfully terminated, harassed or discriminated against at work, we can assist you. Learn more about our Labor & Employment Practice.
Dealing with a civil rights lawsuit can be extremely nerve-racking. Understanding the sensitive nature of civil rights litigation, our attorneys are dedicated to being trustworthy advocates for our clients. With dozens of victories over our four-decade history, Ivie McNeill Wyatt Purcell & Diggs is here to advise you on your options and navigate you through the legal system.
Our notable successes include:
- Securing a unanimous jury verdict in a $47 million civil rights violation case.
- $5.5 million dollar settlement on behalf of family in a wrongful death case.
- $600,000 in compensation in excessive force case against LAPD.
- $300,000 verdict in an excessive force case against LAPD.
- $300,000 settlement for excessive force case.
- $50,000 against apartment complex in disability discrimination case.