Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
Address: 444 S. Flower St., Suite 1800
Los Angeles, California 90071
Tel: (213) 489-0028
Fax: (213) 489-0552
SYLVIA CHIU joined Ivie, McNeill & Wyatt in August of 2010.
Ms. Chiu received her B.S. in Physiological Sciences from University of California, Los Angeles in 1999 and her M.S. in Health Care Administration from California State University, Long Beach in 2001.
Ms. Chiu received her J.D. cum laude from Southwestern Law School in 2009. During law school, she served as an Associate Editor of Law Review and a member of the Trial Advocacy Honors Program’s Board of Governors. She received the CALI “Excellence for the Future” Award (highest grade in class) in Federal Courts, Constitutional Criminal Procedure, and Mass Tort Litigation.
As a law student, Ms. Chiu served as a judicial extern with the Supreme Court of Argentina for the Honorable Juan Carlos Maqueda. Ms. Chiu also externed with the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, for the Honorable Philip S. Gutierrez.
Prior to law school, Ms. Chiu served as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Nicaragua from 2002 to 2004. She speaks fluent Spanish and Mandarin.
- J.D., cum laude, Southwestern Law School, 2009
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles California, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Extern, Hon. Philip S. Gutierrez, US District Court, Central District of California
- Extern, Hon. Juan Carlos Maqueda, Supreme Court of Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Dean’s List
- Associate Editor, Southwestern University Law Review
- Board of Governors, Trial Advocacy Honors Program