Areas of Practice:
- Plaintiff Personal Injury
- Personal Injury Defense
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Employment Law
- Contract Law, Real Property
- Copyright and Trademark
Address: 444 S. Flower Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071-2919
Tel: (213) 489-0028
Fax: (213) 489-0552
Rickey Ivie was born on August 19, 1951 in Fort Worth, Texas. He has resided in Los Angeles Since 1954. In 1980, he became a founding partner in the law firm of Ivie and McNeill, Inc.
Mr. Ivie graduated from John C. Fremont High School in 1969 and has been inducted into the Fremont High School Hall of Fame. He received an undergraduate degree in Economics and Political Science from UCLA in 1973, and he obtained a Juris Doctor Degree from UCLA School of Law in 1977.
In 1977, Mr. Ivie was admitted to the State Bar of California and the U.S. District Court, Central District of California. After working for the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, he became a member of the law firm of Scarlett and Roberson, Inc.
Mr. Ivie has extensive jury trial experience in both Federal and State courts. He has litigation experience in the areas of plaintiff personal injury, personal injury defense (including wrongful death cases), employment law, contract law, real property, copyright and trademark. In addition, he has experience in handling domestic and international business transactions. He has been involved in negotiating and preparing joint venture and licensing agreements.
Memberships and Community Service:
- Judge, UCLA School of Law Trial Advocacy Program
- Arbitrator, Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Commissioner, Los Angeles County Commission of Insurance, 1993
- Member, UCLA Foundation Board of Trustees
- Member, State Bar Committee on Professional Liability Insurance, 2000
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Member, National Bar Association
- Member, John M. Langston Bar Association
- Board Chairman – UCLA Black Alumni Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
Educations & Credentials:
- Bar Admissions: California 1977
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles, School of Law 1977
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles, 1973
- Economics and Political Science